Online job promotions? If you wonder how you can to do it through online marketing, you can read about it in our next article.
With half the world’s population using the Internet, the effects on global connectivity are felt in all aspects of our lives, including work. This means that marketing, a key component of every company’s strategy, has shifted from the traditional channel to the Internet – creating a new form of marketing: online marketing.
Working from home, having your online job also includes promotion of your work.
Online marketing has gained popularity due to the widespread use of the Internet. Unlike traditional marketing that involves things like posters, TV and radio advertising, online marketing uses digital channels to reach, engage and turn visual visitors into users.
Before online marketing, the cost of marketing a product or service was much higher and it was almost impossible to measure the effects the ad had. How can anyone measure if a radio ad was successful?
Online marketing has changed all that, bringing tools to measure and analyze the performance of a marketing campaign. Today, anyone with an online (or offline business, in that case) business can get involved in online marketing to promote their product or service, building a website and starting with online advertising.
This part is important if you are working from home and need to have more clients.
Online marketing channels
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is a strategy of unpaid promotions, trying to rank as high as possible in search results (SERP), for specific keywords.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM): SEM is a form of marketing that uses paid promotions (ads) that appear in search results or are placed in specific parts of different websites (banners).
Affiliate marketing: This type of marketing is based on revenue sharing. The business pays the online retailer for every sale it makes through its referral.
Content marketing: The cornerstone of modern marketing involves posting content on a company’s website to attract visitors and turn them into users. Blog writing is the most famous example of content marketing.
Social media marketing: The process of promoting a business through social networking platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, etc.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: This form of marketing is similar to search engine marketing, but is not limited to displaying ads on Google and other search platforms. For example, a common PPC channel is Facebook advertising.
Email marketing: The oldest form of online marketing, it’s all about using email to reach users directly and to promote the business.
Online marketing benefits
Online marketing can contribute many benefits to the business:
1) Ability to measure the impact of all channels. This is probably the most important advantage that online marketing has, especially when compared to traditional marketing. For example, with analytics tools you can see how many visitors came to your site, how long they stayed, which pages they visited, etc. You can easily calculate how many each channel profitable and what you need to do to improve it.
2) Reduced costs. Because you can easily measure the effectiveness of each of your channels and campaigns, you can focus on the most profitable channels and ignore the others. This leads to reduced marketing costs.
3) Personalization. Mass marketing days are gone. With modern targeting tools, merchants can reach individual customers with personalized offers. For example, you can collect data showing that a customer has checked your web shop product and use that information to send them discounts via email. This often leads to higher income.
How to get started with online marketing?
By now you have realized that online marketing is a great way to reach your customers from working from home job. But, how do you get started with online marketing? The first thing you need to do is define your goals and make sure they are measurable. Without this, you will not be able to track your performance.
Some examples of online marketing goals:
– Get 100 new users next month
– Increase email subscriptions by 20% in three months
– Increase traffic to your website by 10% this month
It all depends on what your industry is, what you’re trying to achieve (build brand awareness, increase sales, etc.), and how you want to do it. For example, SEO is free, but it takes a lot of time and effort. PPC on the other hand is expensive, but can contribute measurable results quickly. It all depends on your preference as well as your time & financial budgets.
Once you’ve identified your goals, it’s time to start crafting your marketing strategy. After that, start creating your first marketing campaign using one of the channels I listed above and don’t forget to measure the results.
We hope this guide has helped you understand what online marketing is and what benefits you can get from it, and when needed next supporting steps – we are here for you.